New Buffalo Senior High School
- New Buffalo Senior High School's student population of 194 students has declined by 13% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 23 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2019)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||194 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- New Buffalo Senior High School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 3,119 schools in Michigan (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MI)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#2427 out of 3119 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤10%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤10%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||New Buffalo Area Schools School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- New Buffalo New Buffalo Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 147 students
1112 East Clay St
New Buffalo, MI 49117
(269) 469-6003 0.0 6-8 147
- New Buffalo New Buffalo Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 228 students
12291 Lubke Rd
New Buffalo, MI 49117
(269) 469-6060 2.0 PK-5 228
- Michigan City Springfield Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 360 students
3054 W 800 N
Michigan City, IN 46360
(219) 873-2117 5.5 K-6 360
- Three Oaks Three Oaks Elementary School Grades: 3-5 | 128 students
100 Oak St
Three Oaks, MI 49128
(269) 756-9050 5.9 3-5 128
A generous Michigan teen was growing his hair long to donate to Locks of Love, but was suspended from school as a result. Was this the right cut? We’ll discuss both side of the issue.
A recent ruling by the U.S. Supreme Court bans public school use by churches outside of normal school hours, and we’ll take a look at both sides of this issue.
Learn about whether charter schools or traditional public schools are enjoying better academic performance amongst their students. What do the test results reveal?