River Valley Middlehigh School
- River Valley Middlehigh School's student population of 315 students has grown by 68% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 23 teachers has grown by 76% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Total Students||315 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- River Valley Middlehigh School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 3,167 schools in Michigan (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MI)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#2195 out of 3167 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||20-24%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-44%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||River Valley School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Three Oaks Three Oaks Elementary School Grades: 3-5 | 128 students
100 Oak St
Three Oaks, MI 49128
(269)756-9050 2.3 3-5 128
- Sawyer Chikaming Elementary School Grades: K-2 | 134 students
13742 Three Oaks Rd
Sawyer, MI 49125
(269)426-4204 2.6 K-2 134
I feel my son, has always received a great education at River Valley. His classes have been challenging, and music is great. Parents always need to be involved if you want your children to succeed.
- Posted by Parent - jpr
The school voucher debate continues to broil throughout the country, with one Colorado school district the grounds for intense controversy. Learn about the voucher program controversy in Douglas County and how it will impact students.
Schools all over the country have closed their doors to slow the spread of COVID-19, forcing educators and parents to switch to online learning strategies. Read on to learn where to start with homeschooling and for helpful resources for learning at home.
As schools around the country close for two weeks or more, parents find themselves asking some tough questions. Read on to learn about the current and future impact of COVID-19 on students in public schools.