TEAM Academy Charter School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there is 1 public school managed by TEAM Academy Charter School District serving 3,694 students in Newark, New Jersey.
- Minority enrollment is 99% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the New Jersey state average of 55%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 14:1 is more than the state average of 12:1.
TEAM Academy Charter School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Newark Team Academy Charter School 60 Park Place, Suite 802
Newark, NJ 07102
Grades: K-12 | 3694 students
|School District Name||TEAM Academy Charter School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||3,694 students|
|# of Teachers||273 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
|# of Male Students||1,817 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||1,877 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||18 students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||6 students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||303 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||3,332 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||34 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||1 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||n/a|
|% of Two or more races Students||n/a|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||449|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||443|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||453|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||374|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||277|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||340|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||328|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||211|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||211|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||187|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||158|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||135|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||128|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- TEAM Academy Charter School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 656 school districts in New Jersey (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 80-84% has decreased from 90-94% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (NJ)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $10,745 in this school district is less than the state average of $20,704. The school district revenue/student has grown by 24% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $10,720 is less than the state average of $21,080. The school district spending/student has grown by 24% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (NJ)|
|Total Revenue||$19 MM||$19 MM|
|Spending||$19 MM||$19 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$10,745||$20,704|
|Spending / Student||$10,720||$21,080|
Learn how various states regulate maximum class sizes.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.