University Academy Charter High School District
- For the 2020 school year, there is 1 public school managed by University Academy Charter High School District serving 428 students in Jersey City, New Jersey.
- Minority enrollment is 97% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the New Jersey state average of 55%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 12:1 is equal to the state average of 12:1.
University Academy Charter High School District (2020)
- School Location Grades Students
- Jersey City University Academy Charter High School 275 West Side Avenue
Jersey City, NJ 07305
Grades: 9-12 | 428 students
|School District Name||University Academy Charter High School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||428 students|
|# of Teachers||36 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
|# of Male Students||217 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||211 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||48 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||133 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||233 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||14 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||n/a|
|% of Two or more races Students||n/a|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||115|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||113|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||109|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||91|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- University Academy Charter High School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 656 school districts in New Jersey (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 85-89% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (NJ)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $14,988 in this school district is less than the state average of $20,704. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $13,124 is less than the state average of $21,080. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (NJ)|
|Total Revenue||$6 MM||$19 MM|
|Spending||$6 MM||$19 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$14,988||$20,704|
|Spending / Student||$13,124||$21,080|
Did your child's school make the list? We cover the latest Blue Ribbon Schools awards given by Education Secretary Arne Duncan.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.