Deming Public School District
- For the 2020 school year, there are 3 public high schools managed by Deming Public School District serving 1,597 students in Deming, New Mexico.
- Minority enrollment is 85% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is more than the New Mexico state average of 78%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 17:1 is more than the state average of 16:1.
Deming Public School District (2020)
|School District Name||Deming Public School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||233 students|
|# of Teachers||19 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
|# of Male Students||123 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||110 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||n/a|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||203 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||14 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||15 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||1 students|
|% of Two or more races Students||n/a|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||31|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||43|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||30|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||43|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||36|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||27|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||23|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Deming Public School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 140 school districts in New Mexico (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 67% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (NM)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $10,961 in this school district is less than the state average of $14,761. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $10,425 is less than the state average of $14,379. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (NM)|
|Total Revenue||$60 MM||$5 MM|
|Spending||$57 MM||$4 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$10,961||$14,761|
|Spending / Student||$10,425||$14,379|
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
As of 2014, nineteen states still allow corporal punishment – spanking and paddling the most common choices – in their public schools. However, some argue that not only are these punishments physically harmful, they also are disproportionately administered to students of color. As a result, House democrats have taken up the issue in a new bill that would ban all forms of corporal punishment nationwide.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.