New Paris Elementary School serves 452 students in grades Prekindergarten-6.
New Paris Elementary School placed in the top 30% of all schools in Indiana for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 53% (which is higher than the Indiana state average of 36%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 49% (which is higher than the Indiana state average of 43%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 18:1 is higher than the Indiana state level of 15:1.
Minority enrollment is 14% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the Indiana state average of 35% (majority Hispanic).
- Grades: Prekindergarten-6
- Enrollment: 452 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 18:1
- Minority Enrollment: 14%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 30% in IN
- Math Proficiency: 53% (Top 20%)
- Reading Proficiency: 49% (Top 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), IN Dept. of Education
New Paris Elementary School's student population of 452 students has grown by 11% over five school years.
The teacher population of 25 teachers has grown by 8% over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
New Paris Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 1,755 schools in Indiana (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.
The diversity score of New Paris Elementary School is 0.25, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.54. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2021-2022 School Year Data
State Level (IN)
Overall Testing Rank
#419 out of 1755 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Participates in the National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2021-2022 (latest school year available) National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), IN Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What is New Paris Elementary School's ranking?
New Paris Elementary School is ranked #419 out of 1,755 schools, which ranks it among the top 30% of public schools in Indiana.
What schools are New Paris Elementary School often compared to?
New Paris Elementary Schoolis often viewed alongside schools like Benton Elementary School by visitors of our site.
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
53% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 36% IN state average), while 49% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 43% IN state average).
How many students attend New Paris Elementary School?
452 students attend New Paris Elementary School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
86% of New Paris Elementary School students are White, 9% of students are Hispanic, 4% of students are Two or more races, and 1% of students are Asian.
What is the student:teacher ratio of New Paris Elementary School?
New Paris Elementary School has a student ration of 18:1, which is higher than the Indiana state average of 15:1.
What grades does New Paris Elementary School offer ?
New Paris Elementary School offers enrollment in grades Prekindergarten-6
What school district is New Paris Elementary School part of?
New Paris Elementary School is part of Fairfield Community Schools School District.
Review New Paris Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Spitting Rhymes for Flashy Grades: The Link Between Hip Hop Curriculum and Improved Learning
Can rap lyrics and hip hop beats help students learn more? Studies and some public schools say yes!
When Field Trips Turn Deadly: Who is Responsible?
Recent deaths during field trips have parents and school officials questioning the safety of these excursions. Learn about these tragedies and what parameters should be in place to ensure a safe field trip.
D.C. Schools: Controversial Growth of Charter Schools
Charter schools are growing in DC, and we analyze the response to recent numbers that show the student population in D.C. charter schools has outpaced the numbers for traditional public schools throughout the district.