New Trier Township H S Winnetka High School
New Trier Township H S Winnetka High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Illinois for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 20%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 20%)
- Graduation Rate Highest graduation rate (Top 1%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 1%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 20%)
- New Trier Township H S Winnetka High School's student population of 3006 students has declined by 5% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 257 teachers has declined by 36% over five school years.
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2009)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 10-12|
|Total Students||3,006 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||257 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- New Trier Township H S Winnetka High School is ranked within the top 20% of all 3544 schools in Illinois (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has increased from 8:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IL)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||<50%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||<50%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
- The school district of New Trier Township H S Winnetka High School is New Trier Twp Hsd 203 School District, which is ranked within the top 20% of all 851 school districts in Illinois (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- New Trier Twp Hsd 203 School District's student population of 3,968 students has decreased by 6% over five school years.
- The district's graduation rate of 99% has increased from 96% over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $26,217 is higher than the state average of $13,105. The district revenue/student has declined by 8% over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $24,904 is higher than the state average of $13,417. The district spending/student has declined by 6% over four school years.
|School District Name||New Trier Twp Hsd 203 School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||3,968||803|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Graduation Rate||≥99%|
|District Total Revenue||$111 MM||$11 MM|
|District Spending||$106 MM||$11 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$26,217||$13,105|
|District Spending / Student||$24,904||$13,417|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Kenilworth The Joseph Sears School Grades: PK-8 | 483 students
542 Abbotsford Rd
Kenilworth, IL 60043
(847)256-5006 0.3 PK-8 483
- Winnetka Greeley Elementary School Grades: K-4 | 253 students
275 Fairview Ave
Winnetka, IL 60093
(847)446-6060 0.4 K-4 253
- Wilmette Harper Elementary School Grades: K-4 | 427 students
1101 Dartmouth St
Wilmette, IL 60091
(847)251-6754 1.1 K-4 427
- Wilmette Mckenzie Elementary School Grades: K-4 | 499 students
649 Prairie Ave
Wilmette, IL 60091
(847)251-2295 1.4 K-4 499
- Wilmette Central Elementary School Grades: K-4 | 513 students
910 Central Ave
Wilmette, IL 60091
(847)251-3252 1.5 K-4 513
Nearby Homes for Sale
We analyze on a new study that shows restricting sugary snacks in vending machines in schools resulted in less weight-gain over a three-year period.
A number of school districts across the country are considering the closure of some of their public schools. We’ll look at reasons for the closures and what parents are doing to protest.
We report on the back to school campaign launched by CPS despite huge issues facing the district, including reports of school officials lying to get their children free lunches, conflicts between administrators and teachers’ union, and a lower bond rating.