Akron Central School District
- For the 2020 school year, there are 3 public schools managed by Akron Central School District serving 1,354 students in Akron, New York.
- Minority enrollment is 15% of the student body (majority American Indian), which is less than the New York state average of 56%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 15:1 is more than the state average of 14:1.
Akron Central School District (2020)
|School District Name||Akron Central School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||1,354 students|
|# of Teachers||93 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
|# of Male Students||656 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||698 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||162 students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||5 students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||7 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||8 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||1,145 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||27 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||85|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||98|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||87|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||85|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||111|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||93|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||114|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||119|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||113|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||125|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||94|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||124|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||99|
|# of Ungraded Students:||7|
- Akron Central School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 771 school districts in New York (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 85-89% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (NY)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $19,518 in this school district is less than the state average of $31,520. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $27,251 is less than the state average of $32,967. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (NY)|
|Total Revenue||$29 MM||$29 MM|
|Spending||$40 MM||$30 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$19,518||$31,520|
|Spending / Student||$27,251||$32,967|
Learn about the pros and cons surrounding year-round schools through studies arguing that students perform better in school without a summer break.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.