Akron Elementary School
- Akron Elementary School's student population of 562 students has declined by 9% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 40 teachers has grown by 17% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||562 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||40 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Akron Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has decreased from 19:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NY)|
|Overall School Rank||#2150 out of 4,239 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||14:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Akron Central School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Akron Akron Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 346 students
47 Bloomingdale Ave
Akron, NY 14001
(716)542-5040 0.0 6-8 346
- Corfu Pembroke Junior-senior High School Grades: 7-12 | 440 students
8750 Allegany Rd
Corfu, NY 14036
(585)599-4525 4.9 7-12 440
- Corfu Pembroke Intermediate School Grades: 3-6 | 285 students
58 Allegheny Rd
Corfu, NY 14036
(585)599-4531 6.1 3-6 285
- Clarence Clarence Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 1105 students
10150 Greiner Rd
Clarence, NY 14031
(716)407-9200 6.4 6-8 1105
Increasing birth rates among immigrant families from Asia and Central and South America, combined with lower birth rates among white families, means that for the first time in history, public school students in the United States are majority-minority. This shift in demographics poses difficulties for schools as they work to accommodate children of varying language abilities and socio-economic backgrounds.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.