Southside Academy Charter School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there is 1 public school managed by Southside Academy Charter School District serving 687 students in Syracuse, New York.
- Minority enrollment is 96% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the New York state average of 56%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 18:1 is more than the state average of 14:1.
Southside Academy Charter School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Syracuse Southside Academy Charter School 2200 Onondaga Creek Blvd
Syracuse, NY 13207
Grades: K-8 | 687 students
|School District Name||Southside Academy Charter School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||687 students|
|# of Teachers||39 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1|
|# of Male Students||324 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||363 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||8 students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||1 students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||106 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||543 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||28 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||1 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||n/a|
|% of Two or more races Students||n/a|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||84|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||76|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||74|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||76|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||77|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||76|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||76|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||84|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||64|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Southside Academy Charter School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 901 school districts in New York (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2014-2015 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of % has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (NY)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
We provide an overview and current status of the Race to the Top program that was designed as an incentive and funding program to promote education reform in public school districts across the country.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.