Newport High School
- Grades: 6-12
- Enrollment: 566 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 9:1
- Minority Enrollment: 50%
- Graduation Rate: 75-79% (Btm 50% in AR)
- Overall Testing Rank: Bottom 50%
- Math Proficiency: 20% (Btm 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 29% (Btm 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), AR Dept. of Education
(offers virtual instruction)
Frequently Asked Questions
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
20% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 47% AR state average), while 29% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 45% AR state average).
What is the graduation rate of Newport High School?
The graduation rate of Newport High School is 75-79%, which is lower than the Arkansas state average of 86%.
How many students attend Newport High School?
566 students attend Newport High School.
What is the ethnic breakdown of the student body?
50% of Newport High School students are White, 35% of students are Black, 9% of students are Hispanic, 5% of students are Two or more races, and 1% of students are Asian.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Newport High School?
Newport High School has a student ration of 9:1, which is lower than the Arkansas state average of 13:1.
What grades does Newport High School offer ?
Newport High School offers enrollment in grades 6-12 (offers virtual instruction).
Review Newport High School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities