Tuckerman Elementary School
- Tuckerman Elementary School's student population of 462 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 32 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-4|
|Total Students||462 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||32 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Tuckerman Elementary School is ranked within the top 20% of all 1,008 schools in Arkansas (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AR)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#127 out of 1008 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||14:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Jackson Co. School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Tuckerman Tuckerman High School Grades: 8-12 | 329 students
300 N Dowell St
Tuckerman, AR 72473
(870) 349-2657 0.0 8-12 329
- Newport Newport Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 715 students
1700 Commerce Blvd
Newport, AR 72112
(870) 523-1351 7.6 PK-6 715
- Swifton Swifton Middle School Grades: 5-7 | 196 students
Swifton, AR 72471
(870) 485-2336 7.7 5-7 196
- Newport Newport High School Grades: 7-12 | 500 students
406 Wilkerson Dr
Newport, AR 72112
(870) 523-1321 9.9 7-12 500
- Newark Newark Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 282 students
3549 Cord Rd
Newark, AR 72562
(870) 799-8691 13.3 K-5 282
In light of an upcoming study on Montessori education in South Carolina, as well as the growing popularity of the Montessori Method in public charter schools, we’ll take a look at the principles behind Montessori education and whether it is an effective method for preparing some students for the professional world or higher education.
Across the nation, city mayors have increased their role and control over the local public school system. Learn about the controversies and the ramifications of mayoral control.
In light of all the finger-pointing occurring in the education reform movement, we’ll look at the good and bad of teachers unions – and whether these organizations really work in favor of students and/or teachers.