Swifton Middle School serves 206 students in grades 5-7.
Swifton Middle School placed in the top 20% of all schools in Arkansas for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 30%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 60-64% (which is higher than the Arkansas state average of 36%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 40-44% (which is higher than the Arkansas state average of 37%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 12:1 is lower than the Arkansas state level of 13:1.
Minority enrollment is 10% of the student body (majority Black), which is lower than the Arkansas state average of 40% (majority Black).
Quick Stats (2023)
- Grades: 5-7
- Enrollment: 206 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 12:1
- Minority Enrollment: 10%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 20% in AR
- Math Proficiency: 60-64% (Top 10%)
- Reading Proficiency: 40-44% (Top 30%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), AR Dept. of Education
Swifton Middle School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Arkansas for:
Swifton Middle School's student population of 206 students has declined by 10% over five school years.
The teacher population of 17 teachers has grown by 13% over five school years.
(offers virtual instruction)
(offers virtual instruction)
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Swifton Middle School is ranked within the top 20% of all 993 schools in Arkansas (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.
The diversity score of Swifton Middle School is 0.19, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.59. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2020-2021 School Year Data
State Level (AR)
Overall Testing Rank
#127 out of 993 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Participates in the National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2020-2021 (latest school year available) National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), AR Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Swifton Middle School's ranking?
Swifton Middle School is ranked #127 out of 993 schools, which ranks it among the top 20% of public schools in Arkansas.
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
60-64% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 36% AR state average), while 40-44% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 37% AR state average).
How many students attend Swifton Middle School?
206 students attend Swifton Middle School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
90% of Swifton Middle School students are White, 5% of students are Black, 3% of students are Hispanic, 1% of students are American Indian, and 1% of students are Two or more races.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Swifton Middle School?
Swifton Middle School has a student ration of 12:1, which is lower than the Arkansas state average of 13:1.
What grades does Swifton Middle School offer ?
Swifton Middle School offers enrollment in grades 5-7 (offers virtual instruction).
What school district is Swifton Middle School part of?
Swifton Middle School is part of Jackson County School District.
Review Swifton Middle School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Public Schools Struggle to Accommodate Unaccompanied Migrant Children
Undocumented and unaccompanied migrant children, particularly among Hispanic populations, are rapidly increasing in number, especially in the southern United States. Federal law requires public schools to provide services to all children. Yet, many schools are struggling to accommodate this new wave of potential students who come to them without parents or guardians, while some municipalities are flat out refusing to accommodate these children.
Voucher Program Update: Florida
Many states now offer voucher programs. We look at the voucher program available in Florida.
March 06, 2023Have Smartphones Ruined Public Education?
I used to think that students having smartphones in school was a bad thing. Not any more. Here are my reasons why.