Norast High School
Norast High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Pennsylvania for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 1%)
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 1%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 1%)
- Norast High School's student population of 3,108 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 111 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||3,108 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||111 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Norast High School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 2,835 schools in Pennsylvania (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 28:1 has increased from 27:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (PA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||28:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Philadelphia City School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Philadelphia Wilson Woodrow Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 1178 students
1800 Cottman Ave
Philadelphia, PA 19111
(215)728-5015 0.2 6-8 1178
- Philadelphia Crossan Kennedy C School Grades: K-5 | 375 students
7350 Bingham St
Philadelphia, PA 19111
(215)728-5014 0.6 K-5 375
- Philadelphia Rhawnhurst School Grades: PK-5 | 631 students
7809 Castor Ave
Philadelphia, PA 19152
(215)728-5013 0.8 PK-5 631
- Philadelphia Solis-cohen Solomon School Grades: PK-6 | 1368 students
7001 Horrocks St
Philadelphia, PA 19149
(215)728-5012 0.8 PK-6 1368
This school turned my child into a drug addict. There are too many kids there, the teachers are uneducated, the principal is very rude. If you need to speak to any authority, they will ignore you until you bring any legal action into it. There is no structure to this school. DO NOT send your kid there.
- Posted by Parent - lovex
This school is awful!!! I have children in this school and there is entirely too many children! The numbers are not accurate on this website there are over 4000 children in this school. There is no one winging out the children that do not belong there. The children that do belong there are being slighted. The principal(Ms. Carroll) has little to no communication with parents. You cant even meet with her if you needed to. The secretary will NOT answer the phone you have to call at least 4 times and she will let the phone ring off the hook. Mr. Gill( Director of SLC) is the most ignorant man on the face of the earth! PLEASE DO YOUR HOMEWORK ON THIS SCHOOL BEFORE HAVING YOUR CHILD ATTEND!!!
- Posted by Parent - wilan