Norast High School
Top Placements (Pennsylvania)
Norast High School is Listed among the top public schools in Pennsylvania for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 1%)
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for gree lunch (Top 1%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 1%)
- Norast High School's student population of 3108 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 111 teachers has declined by 5% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||3,108 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||111 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Norast High School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 2835 schools in Pennsylvania (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 28:1 has increased from 25:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (PA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||28:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
- The school district of Norast High School is Philadelphia City School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 663 school districts in Pennsylvania (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Philadelphia City School District's student population of 132,968 students has decreased by 7% over five school years.
- The district's graduation rate of 69% has increased from 55% over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $19,677 is higher than the state average of $13,048. The district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $20,504 is higher than the state average of $12,915. The district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|School District Name||Philadelphia City School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||132,968||1,464|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Graduation Rate|
|District Total Revenue||$2,831 MM||$19 MM|
|District Spending||$2,951 MM||$19 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$19,677||$13,048|
|District Spending / Student||$20,504||$12,915|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Philadelphia Wilson Woodrow Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 1178 students
1800 Cottman Ave
Philadelphia, PA 19111
(215)728-5015 0.2 6-8 1178
- Philadelphia Crossan Kennedy C School Grades: K-5 | 375 students
7350 Bingham St
Philadelphia, PA 19111
(215)728-5014 0.6 K-5 375
- Philadelphia Rhawnhurst School Grades: PK-5 | 631 students
7809 Castor Ave
Philadelphia, PA 19152
(215)728-5013 0.8 PK-5 631
- Philadelphia Solis-cohen Solomon School Grades: PK-6 | 1368 students
7001 Horrocks St
Philadelphia, PA 19149
(215)728-5012 0.8 PK-6 1368
This school turned my child into a drug addict. There are too many kids there, the teachers are uneducated, the principal is very rude. If you need to speak to any authority, they will ignore you until you bring any legal action into it. There is no structure to this school. DO NOT send your kid there.
- Posted by Parent - lovex
This school is awful!!! I have children in this school and there is entirely too many children! The numbers are not accurate on this website there are over 4000 children in this school. There is no one winging out the children that do not belong there. The children that do belong there are being slighted. The principal(Ms. Carroll) has little to no communication with parents. You cant even meet with her if you needed to. The secretary will NOT answer the phone you have to call at least 4 times and she will let the phone ring off the hook. Mr. Gill( Director of SLC) is the most ignorant man on the face of the earth! PLEASE DO YOUR HOMEWORK ON THIS SCHOOL BEFORE HAVING YOUR CHILD ATTEND!!!
- Posted by Parent - wilan