Chatham County School District
- For the 2020 school year, there are 5 public high schools managed by Chatham County School District serving 2,667 students in Bear Creek, North Carolina.
- Minority enrollment is 47% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the North Carolina state average of 51%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 15:1 is less than the state average of 16:1.
Chatham County School District (2020)
- School Location Grades Students
- Bear Creek Chatham Central High School14950 Nc Hwy 902 W
Bear Creek, NC 27207
Grades: 9-12 | 401 students
- Siler City Chatham School Of Science & Engineering501 Martin Luther King Jr Blvd
Siler City, NC 27344
Grades: 9 | 8 students
- Siler City Jordan Matthews High School910 East Cardinal Street
Siler City, NC 27344
Grades: 9-12 | 835 students
- Pittsboro Northwood High School310 Northwood High School Road
Pittsboro, NC 27312
Grades: 9-12 | 1389 students
- Siler City Sage Academy 501 Martin L King Jr Blvd
Siler City, NC 27344
Grades: 9-12 | 34 students
|School District Name||Chatham County School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||8,879 students|
|# of Teachers||603 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
|# of Male Students||4,252 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||4,627 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||18 students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||99 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||2,804 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||1,055 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||4,519 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||2 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||382 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||230|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||613|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||610|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||681|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||701|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||675|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||691|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||705|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||649|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||665|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||746|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||687|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||664|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||562|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Chatham County School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 272 school districts in North Carolina (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 88% has increased from 81% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (NC)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $11,948 is higher than the state average of $9,693. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $11,385 is higher than the state average of $9,473. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (NC)|
|Total Revenue||$101 MM||$8 MM|
|Spending||$96 MM||$8 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$11,948||$9,693|
|Spending / Student||$11,385||$9,473|
Learn about the pros and cons surrounding year-round schools through studies arguing that students perform better in school without a summer break.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.