Forsyth Academy School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there is 1 public school managed by Forsyth Academy School District serving 658 students in Winston Salem, North Carolina.
- Minority enrollment is 89% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the North Carolina state average of 51%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 18:1 is more than the state average of 16:1.
Forsyth Academy School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Winston Salem Forsyth Academy 5426 Shattalon Drive
Winston Salem, NC 27106
Grades: K-8 | 658 students
|School District Name||Forsyth Academy School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||658 students|
|# of Teachers||37 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1|
|# of Male Students||317 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||341 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||6 students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||2 students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||274 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||292 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||71 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||13 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||89|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||84|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||78|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||62|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||67|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||64|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||80|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||72|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||62|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Forsyth Academy School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 272 school districts in North Carolina (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of % has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (NC)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $5,568 in this school district is less than the state average of $9,693. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $5,794 is less than the state average of $9,473. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (NC)|
|Total Revenue||$4 MM||$8 MM|
|Spending||$4 MM||$8 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$5,568||$9,693|
|Spending / Student||$5,794||$9,473|
Learn how you can help improve your child's food options in public school cafeterias.