North Springs Elementary School
- North Springs Elementary School's student population of 742 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 51 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||742 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||51 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- North Springs Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (SC)|
|Overall School Rank||#561 out of 1,130 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Richland 02 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Columbia Summit Parkway Middle School Grades: K-8 | 1215 students
200 Summit Parkway
Columbia, SC 29229
(803)699-3580 0.3 K-8 1215
- Columbia Richland Two Charter High School Grades: 9-12 | 112 students
7900 Brookmont Lane
Columbia, SC 29203
(803)419-1348 1.7 9-12 112
- Columbia L. B. Nelson Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 590 students
225 North Brickyard Road
Columbia, SC 29223
(803)736-8730 1.9 PK-5 590
- Columbia Rice Creek Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 720 students
4751 Hard Scrabble Road
Columbia, SC 29229
(803)699-2900 1.9 PK-5 720
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.