- Northern Heights's student population of 129 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 19 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||129 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Northern Heights's student:teacher ratio of 7:1 has increased from 6:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (KS)|
|Overall School Rank||#860 out of 1,268 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-59%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||21-39%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1||14:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||North Lyon County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Americus Americus Elementary / Nlc Junior High School Grades: K-8 | 201 students
800 8th Street
Americus, KS 66835
(620)443-5165 12.1 K-8 201
- Reading Reading School Grades: K-5 | 61 students
1st & Osage
Reading, KS 66868
(620)699-3827 14.2 K-5 61
- Emporia Timmerman Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 435 students
2901 Timmerman Dr
Emporia, KS 66801
(620)341-2270 16.2 PK-5 435
- Emporia Emporia High School Grades: 9-12 | 1465 students
3302 W 18th Ave
Emporia, KS 66801
(620)341-2365 17.0 9-12 1465
I think this is a great school to attend. I enjoyed everyday of high school and every single teacher has helped me to succeed after high school.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - A
I have found that if you are not into sports than you get left out in the cold. Even the teachers make it difficult for non-sports playing children to attend school there. I have never seen anything like it before in my whole life.
- Posted by Parent - debbe
Did your child's school make the list? We cover the latest Blue Ribbon Schools awards given by Education Secretary Arne Duncan.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.