Northern Ky Youth Dev Center
Northern Ky Youth Dev Center places among the top 20% of public schools in Kentucky for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 20%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 10%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 20%)
- Northern Ky Youth Dev Center's student population of 35 students has declined by 7% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 3 teachers has grown by 50% over five school years.
|School Type||Alternative school|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Total Students||35 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Northern Ky Youth Dev Center is ranked within the top 50% of all 1,246 schools in Kentucky (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has decreased from 19:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (KY)|
|Overall School Rank||#615 out of 1246 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||<50%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||<50%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Kenton County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Walton Walton-verona High School Grades: 9-12 | 533 students
30 School Rd
Walton, KY 41094
(859) 485-7721 3.1 9-12 533
- Verona Walton-verona Elementary School Grades: PK-4 | 645 students
15066 Porter Rd
Verona, KY 41092
(859) 485-4432 3.3 PK-4 645
- Dry Ridge Crittenden-mt. Zion Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 538 students
270 Crittenden-mt. Zion Rd.
Dry Ridge, KY 41035
(859) 428-2171 3.8 PK-5 538
- Morning View Piner Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 366 students
2845 Rich Rd
Morning View, KY 41063
(859) 356-2155 4.2 PK-5 366
Should sixth graders be placed in elementary or middle school? We explore the pros and cons of the issue.
Learn 8 ways to guide your conversations with children when discussing high-profile acts of violence in schools.
Traditional Christmas carols, such as "Silent Night," may be sounds of the past on public school campuses. Learn about why schools are banning Christmas carols and how some parents are protesting the changes.