Northwest Pa Collegiate Academy
Northwest Pa Collegiate Academy places among the top 20% of public schools in Pennsylvania for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 1%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 1%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 1%)
- Graduation Rate Highest graduation rate (Top 20%)
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 1%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Northwest Pa Collegiate Academy's student population of 771 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 46 teachers has declined by 8% over five school years.
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2013)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||771 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||46 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Northwest Pa Collegiate Academy is ranked within the top 1% of all 2,835 schools in Pennsylvania (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 17:1 has increased from 16:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (PA)|
|Overall School Rank||#3 out of 2,835 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||≥95%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||≥95%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Erie City School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Erie Jefferson Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 520 students
230 East 38th St
Erie, PA 16504
(814)874-6650 0.7 K-5 520
- Erie Central Career & Technical School Grades: 9-12 | 913 students
3325 Cherry St
Erie, PA 16508
(814)874-6200 0.8 9-12 913
- Erie Perseus House Cs Of Excellence Grades: 6-12 | 589 students
1511 Peach Street
Erie, PA 16501
(814)480-5914 0.8 6-12 589
- Erie Woodrow Wilson Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 718 students
718 E 28th St
Erie, PA 16504
(814)874-6600 0.9 6-8 718
While some schools are debating whether to teach sex ed, Philadelphia schools will be making free condoms available in 22 schools across the district.
The world is in a constant state of change and those who fail to adjust fall behind. Unfortunately, the American public education system has not kept up with the times and is currently facing a number of serious problems. Keep reading to learn about the biggest failures affecting the modern U.S. public education system as well as some of the trends that could spark change.
Summer break is a time to kick back and relax but it is also a great time to do activities that will boost your college applications. Keep reading to see how to boost your application this summer.