Oak Grove Elementary School
- Oak Grove Elementary School's student population of 460 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 29 teachers has declined by 9% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||460 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||29 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Oak Grove Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 1,796 schools in Virginia (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has increased from 14:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (VA)|
|Overall School Rank|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Roanoke County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school to Oak Grove Elementary School is Governor's Stem Academy At The Burton Center For Arts And Te (1.9 miles away)
- The nearest middle school is Hidden Valley Middle School (0.5 miles away)
- The nearest elementary school is Hidden Valley Middle School (0.5 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Salem Governor's Stem Academy At The Burton Center For Arts And Te Grades: 9-12
1760 Roanoke Boulevard
Salem, VA 24153
(540)562-3900 1.9 9-12 n/a
- Salem Burton Ctr. For Arts And Technical
Salem, VA 24153
(540)857-5000 2.0 n/a n/a
- Roanoke Hidden Valley High School Grades: 9-12 | 951 students
5000 Titan Trail
Roanoke, VA 24018
(540)776-7320 2.0 9-12 951
Gifted students often fail to thrive in traditional academic environments because they are not being challenged. In this article you will learn how to make sure your gifted student gets the quality education he or she deserves.
The world is in a constant state of change and those who fail to adjust fall behind. Unfortunately, the American public education system has not kept up with the times and is currently facing a number of serious problems. Keep reading to learn about the biggest failures affecting the modern U.S. public education system as well as some of the trends that could spark change.
Summer break is a time to kick back and relax but it is also a great time to do activities that will boost your college applications. Keep reading to see how to boost your application this summer.