Oak Mt Intermediate School
- Oak Mt Intermediate School's student population of 692 students has declined by 10% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 35 teachers has declined by 12% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 4-5|
|Total Students||692 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||35 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Oak Mt Intermediate School's student:teacher ratio of 20:1 has increased from 19:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AL)|
|Overall School Rank||#99 out of 1,264 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Shelby County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Birmingham Berry Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 1142 students
4500 Jaguar Dr.
Birmingham, AL 35242
(205)439-2000 2.1 6-8 1142
- Chelsea Chelsea High School Grades: 9-12 | 1212 students
10510 Highway 11
Chelsea, AL 35043
(205)682-7200 3.6 9-12 1212
- Birmingham Rocky Ridge Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 578 students
2876 Old Rocky Ridge Rd
Birmingham, AL 35243
(205)439-2900 3.7 K-5 578
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.
Students all over the nation go hungry every day not because their schools don’t offer lunch, but because they refuse them to children with outstanding debts. Read on to learn about the horror that is lunch shaming and what can be done about it.