Oak Valley Middle School
- Oak Valley Middle School's student population of 703 students has declined by 5% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 34 teachers has declined by 8% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||703 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||34 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Oak Valley Middle School is ranked within the top 30% of all 3,119 schools in Michigan (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MI)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#891 out of 3119 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Huron Valley Schools School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Commerce Township Country Oaks Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 595 students
5070 South Duck Lake Rd
Commerce Township, MI 48382
(248) 684-8075 0.3 PK-5 595
- Milford Kurtz Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 412 students
1350 Kurtz Dr
Milford, MI 48381
(248) 684-8025 1.3 K-5 412
- Milford Johnson Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 386 students
515 General Motors Rd
Milford, MI 48381
(248) 684-8020 2.4 K-5 386
- White Lake Lakewood Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 468 students
1500 Bogie Lake Rd
White Lake, MI 48383
(248) 684-8030 3.2 K-5 468
We have followed the Atlanta cheating scandal story, and now, administrative consequences have been handed out to the teachers implicated, and a jury is considering criminal charges against some of the teachers as well.
Learn about a school district in Missouri that buckled under the pressure of the ACLU and took single-sex classes out of its schools. We’ll also look at some of the evidence that both supports and refutes the benefits of single-sex classrooms.
Some schools in the country only give students 10 minutes to eat lunch, while others enjoy an entire hour. We’ll delve into the controversy surrounding the length of the lunch period and what the research finds in correlating lunch length to student performance.