Odessa High School
- Odessa High School's student population of 609 students has declined by 8% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 45 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||609 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||45 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Odessa High School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 2,085 schools in Missouri (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MO)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#1174 out of 2085 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||20-24%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||55-59%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||14:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Odessa R-VII School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Odessa Odessa Upper Elementary School Grades: 3-5 | 486 students
1100 West Cox School Road
Odessa, MO 64076
(816) 633-5396 0.6 3-5 486
- Oak Grove Oak Grove Elementary School Grades: 3-5 | 442 students
501 Se 12th St
Oak Grove, MO 64075
(816) 690-4153 8.9 3-5 442
Learn about whether or not public school students are prepared to enter into the "real world" upon graduation, and how schools are changing their curriculum to meet changing economic needs.
Many school districts are hiking up the price of school lunches this year. We’ll take a look at some of the reasons for the trend, including the child nutritional bill that President Obama signed into law last year.
There is no denying that being a public school teacher has its challenges, but some are more apparent than others. Keep reading to learn about the top ten challenges facing public school teachers this year.