Ohio County Elementary School
- Ohio County Elementary School's student population of 364 students has declined by 36% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 25 teachers has declined by 32% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||364 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Ohio County Elementary School is ranked within the top 50% of all 1,762 schools in Indiana (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IN)|
|Overall School Rank||#699 out of 1762 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||55-59%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||65-69%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||17:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Rising Sun-Ohio County Com School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Rising Sun Ohio County Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 187 students
436 S Mulberry St
Rising Sun, IN 47040
(812) 438-2626 0.1 6-8 187
- Rising Sun Rising Sun High School Grades: 9-12 | 251 students
120 S Henrietta St
Rising Sun, IN 47040
(812) 438-2652 0.3 9-12 251
- East Enterprise Switzerland County Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 470 students
1390 Hwy 250
East Enterprise, IN 47019
(812) 534-3128 8.0 PK-6 470
- Union Longbranch Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 783 students
2805 Longbranch Rd.
Union, KY 41091
(859) 384-4500 8.2 PK-5 783
Should sixth graders be placed in elementary or middle school? We explore the pros and cons of the issue.
Learn 8 ways to guide your conversations with children when discussing high-profile acts of violence in schools.
Traditional Christmas carols, such as "Silent Night," may be sounds of the past on public school campuses. Learn about why schools are banning Christmas carols and how some parents are protesting the changes.