Clark-Shawnee Local School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 4 public schools managed by Clark-Shawnee Local School District serving 1,509 students in Springfield, Ohio.
- Minority enrollment is 13% of the student body (majority Black), which is less than the Ohio state average of 29%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 19:1 is more than the state average of 18:1.
Clark-Shawnee Local School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Springfield Possum Elementary School2589 S Yellow Springs Rd
Springfield, OH 45506
Grades: K-5 | 390 students
- Springfield Reid Elementary School3640 E High St
Springfield, OH 45505
Grades: K-5 | 411 students
- Springfield Rockway Elementary School3500 W National Rd
Springfield, OH 45504
Grades: PK-5 | 163 students
- Springfield Shawnee High School1675 E Possum Rd
Springfield, OH 45502
Grades: 9-12 | 545 students
|School District Name||Clark-Shawnee Local School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||1,509 students|
|# of Teachers||79 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1|
|# of Male Students||730 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||779 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||3 students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||9 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||31 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||49 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||1,317 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||3 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||97 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||30|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||153|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||151|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||157|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||170|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||152|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||151|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||167|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||152|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||118|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||108|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Clark-Shawnee Local School District, which is ranked within the top 30% of all 842 school districts in Ohio (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 90-94% has decreased from 97% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (OH)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $10,173 in this school district is less than the state average of $12,447. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $10,424 is less than the state average of $11,715. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (OH)|
|Total Revenue||$21 MM||$11 MM|
|Spending||$22 MM||$10 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$10,173||$12,447|
|Spending / Student||$10,424||$11,715|
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.