Great Western Academy School District
- For the 2020-21 school year, there is 1 public middle school in Great Western Academy School District, serving 721 students.
- Public middle school in Great Western Academy School District have an average math proficiency score of 36% (versus the Ohio public middle school average of 58%), and reading proficiency score of 40% (versus the 58% statewide average). This district's average middle school ranking is in the bottom 50% of public middle schools in Ohio.
- Minority enrollment is 76% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the Ohio public middle school average of 35% (majority Black).
- The student:teacher ratio of 21:1 is more than the Ohio public middle school average of 18:1.
|School District Name||Great Western Academy School District|
|School District Website||http://imagineschoolsgwa.org/home/|
|School District Phone Number||(614) 276-1028|
|School District Grades Offered||KG - 08|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (OH)|
|# of Schools||1 School||1,177 Schools|
|# of Students||721 Students||558,934 Students|
|# of Teachers||34 Teachers||32,487 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1||18:1|
- Great Western Academy School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 807 school districts in Ohio (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (OH)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||2 Students||783 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||21 Students||10,414 Students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||210 Students||34,889 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||265 Students||121,528 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||175 Students||362,672 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||447 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||48 Students||28,137 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-||3,339|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||80||14,299|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||84||13,494|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||93||13,905|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||109||15,972|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||79||15,479|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||88||31,222|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||74||89,431|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||63||128,307|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||51||130,455|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-||28,444|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-||26,375|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-||23,804|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-||24,408|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $8,310 in this school district is less than the state average of $12,577. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $8,306 is less than the state average of $11,659. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (OH)|
|Total Revenue||$7 MM||$11 MM|
|Spending||$7 MM||$10 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$8,310||$12,577|
|Spending / Student||$8,306||$11,659|
Gangs, drugs, and guns may be more prevalent on public school campuses than parents think. Learn about the high percentage of public school students who are exposed to these dangers each day – and what parents can do to protect their kids.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.
Learn about how public schools across the country are mandating community service hours in order to graduate.