South Central Local School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 3 public schools managed by South Central Local School District serving 781 students in Greenwich, Ohio.
- Minority enrollment is 4% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Ohio state average of 29%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 16:1 is less than the state average of 18:1.
South Central Local School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Greenwich South Central Elementary School3291 Greenwich Angling Rd
Greenwich, OH 44837
Grades: PK-5 | 399 students
- Greenwich South Central High School3305 Greenwich Angling Rd
Greenwich, OH 44837
Grades: 9-12 | 202 students
- Greenwich South Central Junior High School3291 Greenwich Angling Rd
Greenwich, OH 44837
Grades: 6-8 | 180 students
|School District Name||South Central Local School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||781 students|
|# of Teachers||49 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
|# of Male Students||401 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||380 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||3 students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||23 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||5 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||748 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||2 students|
|% of Two or more races Students||n/a|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||40|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||50|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||61|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||48|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||72|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||62|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||66|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||67|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||60|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||53|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||62|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||47|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||50|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||43|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- South Central Local School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 842 school districts in Ohio (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 90% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (OH)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $10,962 in this school district is less than the state average of $12,447. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $11,054 is less than the state average of $11,715. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (OH)|
|Total Revenue||$9 MM||$11 MM|
|Spending||$9 MM||$10 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$10,962||$12,447|
|Spending / Student||$11,054||$11,715|
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.