Bishop School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there is 1 public school managed by Bishop School District serving 564 students in Lawton, Oklahoma.
- Minority enrollment is 66% of the student body (majority Black and Hispanic), which is more than the Oklahoma state average of 51%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 20:1 is more than the state average of 17:1.
Bishop School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Lawton Bishop Public School2204 Southwest Bishop Road
Lawton, OK 73505
Grades: PK-6 | 564 students
|School District Name||Bishop School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||564 students|
|# of Teachers||28 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1|
|# of Male Students||233 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||331 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||26 students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||10 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||129 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||129 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||193 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||4 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students|
|# of Two or more races Students||73 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||75|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||78|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||85|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||79|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||73|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||78|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||50|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||46|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Bishop School District, which is ranked within the top 5% of all 531 school districts in Oklahoma (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of % has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (OK)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $6,655 in this school district is less than the state average of $8,236. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $6,341 is less than the state average of $8,831. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (OK)|
|Total Revenue||$4 MM||$4 MM|
|Spending||$3 MM||$4 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$6,655||$8,236|
|Spending / Student||$6,341||$8,831|
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.