Brookings-Harbor SD 17C School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 3 public schools managed by Brookings-Harbor SD 17C School District serving 1,614 students in Brookings, Oregon.
- Minority enrollment is 39% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is more than the Oregon state average of 37%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 20:1 is equal to the state average of 20:1.
Brookings-Harbor SD 17C School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Brookings Azalea Middle School505 Pacific Ave
Brookings, OR 97415
Grades: 6-8 | 359 students
- Brookings Brookings-harbor High School625 Pioneer Rd
Brookings, OR 97415
Grades: 9-12 | 516 students
- Brookings Kalmiopsis Elementary School650 Easy St
Brookings, OR 97415
Grades: K-5 | 739 students
|School District Name||Brookings-Harbor SD 17C School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||1,614 students|
|# of Teachers||79 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1|
|# of Male Students||696 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||918 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||58 students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||15 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||226 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||10 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||984 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||2 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||319 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||105|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||142|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||107|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||139|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||119|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||127|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||105|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||131|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||123|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||117|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||147|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||126|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||126|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Brookings-Harbor SD 17C School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 188 school districts in Oregon (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 75-79% has increased from 55-59% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (OR)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $11,358 is higher than the state average of $11,340. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $10,128 is less than the state average of $11,381. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (OR)|
|Total Revenue||$18 MM||$9 MM|
|Spending||$16 MM||$9 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$11,358||$11,340|
|Spending / Student||$10,128||$11,381|
We provide an overview and current status of the Race to the Top program that was designed as an incentive and funding program to promote education reform in public school districts across the country.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.