P.S. 22 Graniteville
P.S. 22 Graniteville places among the top 20% of public schools in New York for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 20%)
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 10%)
- P.S. 22 Graniteville's student population of 1,018 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 74 teachers has grown by 23% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||1,018 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||74 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- P.S. 22 Graniteville's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has decreased from 17:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NY)|
|Overall School Rank||#3003 out of 4,239 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||14:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||NEW YORK CITY GEOGRAPHIC DISTRICT #31 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Staten Island I.S. 51 Edwin Markham Grades: 6-8 | 1293 students
20 Houston St
Staten Island, NY 10302
(718)981-0502 0.4 6-8 1293
- Staten Island P.S. 21 Margaret Emery-elm Park Grades: PK-5 | 381 students
168 Hooker Pl
Staten Island, NY 10302
(718)816-3333 0.5 PK-5 381
- Staten Island P.S. 44 Thomas C Brown Grades: PK-5 | 903 students
80 Maple Pkwy
Staten Island, NY 10303
(718)442-0433 0.5 PK-5 903
- Staten Island John W Lavelle Preparatory Charter School Grades: 3-12 | 636 students
1 Corporate Commons-1 Teleport
Staten Island, NY 10311
(347)855-2238 0.8 3-12 636
Learn how various states regulate maximum class sizes.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.