P.S. 273 places among the top 20% of public schools in New York for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 5%)
- P.S. 273's student population of 366 students has grown by 42% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 29 teachers has grown by 61% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||366 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||29 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- P.S. 273's student:teacher ratio of 13:1 has decreased from 14:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NY)|
|Overall School Rank||#2611 out of 4,239 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||35-39%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||35-39%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||14:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||New York City Geographic #27 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school to P.S. 273 is High Sch-construction Trades Engineering & Architecture (0.3 miles away)
- The nearest middle school is Junior High School 210 Elizabeth Blackwell (0.7 miles away)
- The nearest elementary school is New York City Academy For Discovery (0.3 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Ozone Park High Sch-construction Trades Engineering & Architecture Grades: 9-12 | 1011 students
94-06 104th St
Ozone Park, NY 11416
(718)846-6280 0.3 9-12 1011
- Woodhaven New York City Academy For Discovery Grades: PK-5 | 456 students
95-16 89th Ave
Woodhaven, NY 11421
(718)441-2165 0.3 PK-5 456
- Corona P.S. 16 Nancy Debenedittis School Grades: K-5 | 1658 students
41-15 104th St
Corona, NY 11368
(718)505-0140 0.3 K-5 1658
- Richmond Hill P.S. 66 Jacqueline Kennedy-onassis Grades: PK-5 | 524 students
85-11 102nd St
Richmond Hill, NY 11418
(718)849-0184 0.3 PK-5 524
- Richmond Hill P.S. 254-rosa Parks School Grades: PK-5 | 654 students
84-40 101st St
Richmond Hill, NY 11418
(718)520-7878 0.4 PK-5 654
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.