Palmetto Elementary School
- Palmetto Elementary School's student population of 270 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 14 teachers has declined by 6% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-4|
|Total Students||270 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Palmetto Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 1,277 schools in Louisiana (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 19:1 has increased from 17:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (LA)|
|Overall School Rank|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||85-89%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||70-74%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1||13:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||St. Landry Parish School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Lebeau North Central High School Grades: 5-12 | 323 students
6579 Hwy. 10
Lebeau, LA 71345
(337)623-4239 4.3 5-12 323
- Port Barre Port Barre Elementary School Grades: PK-4 | 567 students
199 O G Track Rd.
Port Barre, LA 70577
(337)585-6172 7.5 PK-4 567
- Port Barre Port Barre Middle School Grades: 5-8 | 364 students
846 Saizan St.
Port Barre, LA 70577
(337)585-7256 9.1 5-8 364
- Washington Washington Career & Technical Education Center Grades: 9-12
605 Buhot Street
Washington, LA 70589
(337)826-7360 9.2 9-12 n/a
Gifted students often fail to thrive in traditional academic environments because they are not being challenged. In this article you will learn how to make sure your gifted student gets the quality education he or she deserves.
The world is in a constant state of change and those who fail to adjust fall behind. Unfortunately, the American public education system has not kept up with the times and is currently facing a number of serious problems. Keep reading to learn about the biggest failures affecting the modern U.S. public education system as well as some of the trends that could spark change.
Summer break is a time to kick back and relax but it is also a great time to do activities that will boost your college applications. Keep reading to see how to boost your application this summer.