Port Barre High School
- Port Barre High School's student population of 409 students has declined by 9% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 30 teachers has grown by 500% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||409 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Port Barre High School is ranked within the top 50% of all 1,278 schools in Louisiana (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (LA)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#611 out of 1278 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||65-69%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||65-69%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||18:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||St. Landry Parish School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Port Barre Port Barre Middle School Grades: 5-8 | 324 students
846 Saizan St.
Port Barre, LA 70577
(337)585-7256 0.0 5-8 324
- Port Barre Port Barre Elementary School Grades: PK-4 | 451 students
199 O G Track Rd.
Port Barre, LA 70577
(337)585-6172 2.3 PK-4 451
- Leonville Leonville Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 543 students
3774 Hwy. 31
Leonville, LA 70551
(337)879-2385 5.6 PK-8 543
- Opelousas Northeast Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 446 students
1125 E Mamie Street
Opelousas, LA 70570
(337)942-5390 6.6 PK-6 446
- Washington Washington Career & Technical Education Center Grades: 9-12
605 Buhot Street
Washington, LA 70589
(337)826-7360 7.1 9-12 n/a
I don't know if this will get to the right person but it is the only address that looked promising for my needs. I''m requesting a copy of my GED earned in 1972 or 1973 under the name of Nancye Rodriguez or Nancy Rodriguez of Krotz Springs. I need this info to enroll in online college courses. Please send copy to Nancye Dewing 205 Riverview Dr. Lampasas Texas 76550. Thank you very much, Nancye Dewing
- Posted by Student/Alumni - gamus
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Say goodbye to mystery meat - and all other types of meat - at public school cafeterias that are embracing the Meatless Monday trend.
Schools all over the country have closed their doors to slow the spread of COVID-19, forcing educators and parents to switch to online learning strategies. Read on to learn where to start with homeschooling and for helpful resources for learning at home.