Leonville Elementary School
- Leonville Elementary School's student population of 601 students has declined by 15% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 35 teachers has declined by 5% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||601 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||35 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Leonville Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 1,277 schools in Louisiana (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 17:1 has decreased from 19:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (LA)|
|Overall School Rank|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||13:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||St. Landry Parish School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Arnaudville Beau Chene High School Grades: 9-12 | 915 students
7076 Hwy. 93
Arnaudville, LA 70512
(337)662-5815 4.8 9-12 915
- Sunset Cankton Elementary School Grades: PK-4 | 615 students
602 Main Street
Sunset, LA 70584
(337)668-4465 5.6 PK-4 615
- Grand Coteau Grand Coteau Elementary School Grades: PK-4 | 315 students
238 Church Street
Grand Coteau, LA 70541
(337)662-5421 5.6 PK-4 315
- Port Barre Port Barre Middle School Grades: 5-8 | 364 students
846 Saizan St.
Port Barre, LA 70577
(337)585-7256 5.6 5-8 364
A new program in San Antonio and Austin tracks students with truancy history with GPS devices. The program is designed to improve attendance rates and student achievement.
The world is in a constant state of change and those who fail to adjust fall behind. Unfortunately, the American public education system has not kept up with the times and is currently facing a number of serious problems. Keep reading to learn about the biggest failures affecting the modern U.S. public education system as well as some of the trends that could spark change.
Summer break is a time to kick back and relax but it is also a great time to do activities that will boost your college applications. Keep reading to see how to boost your application this summer.