Leonville Elementary School
Leonville Elementary School serves 543 students in grades Prekindergarten-8.
Leonville Elementary School placed in the top 30% of all schools in Louisiana for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 81% (which is higher than the Louisiana state average of 64%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 78% (which is higher than the Louisiana state average of 70%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 18:1 is higher than the Louisiana state level of 17:1.
Minority enrollment is 38% of the student body (majority Black), which is lower than the Louisiana state average of 55% (majority Black).
Leonville Elementary School's student population of 543 students has declined by 9% over five school years.
The teacher population of 30 teachers has declined by 14% over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Leonville Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 1,267 schools in Louisiana (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Leonville Elementary School is 0.50, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.61. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
State Level (LA)
Overall Testing Rank
#349 out of 1267 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, LA Dept. of Education
Review Leonville Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
High School Graduation Project Requirements
Learn how some states and schools are now requiring that students complete a graduation project, often either to replace or supplement an exit exam.
Common Behavioral Issues in School-Age Children and How Alternative Schools Can Help
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
Signs of Sex Abuse at School: What Parents Should Know
Nearly 10% of students will encounter sexual misconduct at school. Make sure you know how to protect your child and recognize the signs of potential sex abuse.