Leonville Elementary School
- Leonville Elementary School's student population of 543 students has declined by 15% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 30 teachers has declined by 14% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||543 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Leonville Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 1,278 schools in Louisiana (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 18:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (LA)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#306 out of 1278 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||18:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||St. Landry Parish School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Arnaudville Beau Chene High School Grades: 9-12 | 846 students
7076 Hwy. 93
Arnaudville, LA 70512
(337)662-5815 4.8 9-12 846
- Sunset Cankton Elementary School Grades: PK-4 | 569 students
602 Main Street
Sunset, LA 70584
(337)668-4465 5.6 PK-4 569
- Grand Coteau Grand Coteau Elementary School Grades: PK-4 | 313 students
238 Church Street
Grand Coteau, LA 70541
(337)662-5421 5.6 PK-4 313
- Port Barre Port Barre Middle School Grades: 5-8 | 324 students
846 Saizan St.
Port Barre, LA 70577
(337)585-7256 5.6 5-8 324
Learn more about Cato Middle College High, a school that allows students to get a head start on college courses while still in high school.
Public schools in the United States have an interesting history. Learn about how these public institutions developed into a cornerstone of our country's education.
Schools all over the country have closed their doors to slow the spread of COVID-19, forcing educators and parents to switch to online learning strategies. Read on to learn where to start with homeschooling and for helpful resources for learning at home.