Port Barre Middle School
- Port Barre Middle School's student population of 391 students has declined by 12% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 17 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 5-8|
|Total Students||391 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Port Barre Middle School's student:teacher ratio of 23:1 has decreased from 26:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (LA)|
|Overall School Rank||#732 out of 1,277 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23:1||15:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||St. Landry Parish School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Port Barre Port Barre Elementary School Grades: PK-4 | 525 students
199 O G Track Rd.
Port Barre, LA 70577
(337)585-6172 2.3 PK-4 525
- Leonville Leonville Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 555 students
3774 Hwy. 31
Leonville, LA 70551
(337)879-2385 5.6 PK-8 555
- Opelousas Northeast Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 437 students
1125 E Mamie Street
Opelousas, LA 70570
(337)942-5390 6.6 PK-6 437
- Washington Washington Career & Technical Education Center Grades: 9-12
605 Buhot Street
Washington, LA 70589
(337)826-7360 7.1 9-12 n/a
With changing state and national educational standards, will your child's public school have the ability to meet these requirements? Learn about the problems with public school performance and how parents can get involved.
Learn more about the growing prevalence of female bulling and how public schools are managing the important issues.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.