Port Barre Elementary School
- Port Barre Elementary School's student population of 567 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 29 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-4|
|Total Students||567 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||29 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Port Barre Elementary School is ranked within the top 50% of all 1,277 schools in Louisiana (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 20:1 has increased from 19:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (LA)|
|Overall School Rank||#426 out of 1,277 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1||13:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||St. Landry Parish School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Leonville Leonville Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 601 students
3774 Hwy. 31
Leonville, LA 70551
(337)879-2385 7.5 PK-8 601
- Palmetto Palmetto Elementary School Grades: PK-4 | 270 students
235 Rideau Street
Palmetto, LA 71358
(337)623-4482 7.5 PK-4 270
- Washington Washington Career & Technical Education Center Grades: 9-12
605 Buhot Street
Washington, LA 70589
(337)826-7360 8.1 9-12 n/a
- Washington Washington Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 151 students
1530 Hwy. 10
Washington, LA 70589
(318)826-3393 8.4 PK-8 151
Choosing the right school for your child can be difficult, but homeschooling may not be the better option. Keep reading to learn more.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.