Parkview Magnet High School
Parkview Magnet High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Arkansas for:
- Category Attribute
- Graduation Rate Highest graduation rate (Top 10%)
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 20%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 5%)
- Parkview Magnet High School's student population of 1,086 students has grown by 6% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 88 teachers has grown by 11% over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||1,086 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||88 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Parkview Magnet High School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 999 schools in Arkansas (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has decreased from 13:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AR)|
|Overall School Rank||#737 out of 999 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||14:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Little Rock School District|
- Parkview Arts and Science Magnet High School is a magnet school in Little Rock, Arkansas that concentrates heavily on science and the arts. It is Arkansas' first and only interdistrict high school. Although administered by the Little Rock School District, Parkview may receive students from the Pulaski County Special School District and the North Little Rock School District.
- Little Rock Parkview teaches grades 9 through 12.
- Curriculum: In 2005, Parkview High School was named in the top 900 best high schools in the nation according to the Newsweek magazine's Top 1200 US Schools. Public schools are ranked according to a ratio called the Challenge Index.
- Extracurricular: The school newspaper, The Constitution, is a member of the High School National Ad Network. The Parkview High School 2005 Legal Legislative Debate team also won the State Student Congress as well as the State Mock Trial. The team went on to represent Arkansas at the National Tournament where it placed 14th in the nation.
- The Parkview Quiz Bowl team also competed in the 2005 school year. The Quiz Bowl team won the State NAQT Tournament and represented Arkansas in the High School NAQT Championships. The Team also won fourth in the State 5A Championships. Karthik Soora placed 101st in the NAQT individuals, Nick Misenheimer placed 156th, and Patrick Kangrga placed 263rd. In the Regional and State individual rankings, Karthik Soora placed 3rd regionally and 5th in the State. Patrick Kangrga was 10th in the Region and 6th in the State.
- Athletics: The Little Rock Parkview Patriots have a strong history of interscholastic activities, including: football, basketball, track & field, bowling, soccer, volleyball, and cheerleading. The Patriots have won numerous state championships in football (5x), boys basketball (9x), and girls basketball (2x).
- Notable alumni: Derek Fisher, professional basketball player (NBA). Class of 1992.
- Keith Jackson, member of the College Football Hall of Fame and former professional football player (NFL). Class of 1983.
- Daryl Mason, assistant coach at Tulane University, former professional football player (USFL), and Arkansas' High School Athlete of the Year in 1978. Class of 1978.
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Little Rock Romine Interdist. Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 316 students
3400 Romine Rd
Little Rock, AR 72204
(501)447-6300 0.8 PK-5 316
- Little Rock Henderson Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 772 students
401 Barrow Rd
Little Rock, AR 72205
(501)447-2800 1.2 6-8 772
- Little Rock Wilson Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 345 students
4015 Stannus Rd
Little Rock, AR 72204
(501)447-7200 1.3 PK-5 345
- Little Rock Arkansas Virtual Academy Junior Grades: 6-8 | 630 students
10802 Executive Ctr Dr Ste 205
Little Rock, AR 72211
(501)664-4225 1.4 6-8 630
- Little Rock Bale Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 376 students
6501 W 32nd St
Little Rock, AR 72204
(501)447-3600 1.5 PK-5 376
I''ve had three children enrolled in Parkview and I am so glad that my final child has opted to NOT attend there. Their buses are horrendously late, often. The girls softball coach should not be coaching... anything. And the teachers don't seem to know, or care, what goes on in their own school. Academically, I''m guessing, it's a good enough school. Surely it wouldn't get such high praise otherwise. But if you''re looking for a school where you can maintain peace of mind that your child is cared for as they should be, I would recommend that you look into other schools.
- Posted by Parent - jwest
I am a new student at parkview. I am a witness to this school being the best by chocie. My friends that do not attend parkview says that our school is boring and drama free because we literally have about 2 fights a year...so I guess that's good. we are very high in the state aand nations test scoring and our principal takes no excuses. If you or your child is not serious about their education or their talent then we do not want you and students will not except you. If you want to learn how to be apart of something great then come on in and let's get busy!. :)
- Posted by Student/Alumni - domin