Patterson High School
Patterson High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Louisiana for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 20%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 20%)
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 10%)
- Graduation Rate Highest graduation rate (Top 10%)
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 20%)
- Patterson High School's student population of 453 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 25 teachers has declined by 7% over five school years.
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2006)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||453 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Patterson High School is ranked within the top 20% of all 1,278 schools in Louisiana (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 18:1 has increased from 17:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (LA)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#132 out of 1278 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||80-84%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||85-89%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||St. Mary Parish School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Patterson Hattie A. Watts Elementary School Grades: PK-4 | 660 students
1307 Third Street
Patterson, LA 70392
(985)395-5976 1.7 PK-4 660
- Patterson Patterson Junior High School Grades: 5-8 | 480 students
1101 First Street
Patterson, LA 70392
(985)395-6772 1.9 5-8 480
- Morgan City Bayou Vista Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 325 students
1155 Delmar Street
Morgan City, LA 70380
(985)395-3758 3.4 PK-5 325
- Berwick Berwick High School Grades: 9-12 | 517 students
700 Patti Drive
Berwick, LA 70342
(985)384-8450 3.9 9-12 517
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.
A new bill in the Arizona State Senate could criminalize teachers who use inappropriate language in the classroom. We’ll take a look at both sides of the debate.