Patterson Junior High School
- Patterson Junior High School's student population of 480 students has declined by 7% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 29 teachers has declined by 12% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 5-8|
|Total Students||480 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||29 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Patterson Junior High School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,277 schools in Louisiana (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (LA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#663 out of 1277 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch (15-16)|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||St. Mary Parish School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Patterson Hattie A. Watts Elementary School Grades: PK-4 | 660 students
1307 Third Street
Patterson, LA 70392
(985) 395-5976 0.2 PK-4 660
- Patterson Patterson High School Grades: 9-12 | 453 students
2525 Highway 182 W
Patterson, LA 70392
(985) 395-2675 1.9 9-12 453
- Morgan City Bayou Vista Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 325 students
1155 Delmar Street
Morgan City, LA 70380
(985) 395-3758 2.4 PK-5 325
- Berwick Berwick High School Grades: 9-12 | 517 students
700 Patti Drive
Berwick, LA 70342
(985) 384-8450 4.1 9-12 517
We have followed the Atlanta cheating scandal story, and now, administrative consequences have been handed out to the teachers implicated, and a jury is considering criminal charges against some of the teachers as well.
Learn about a school district in Missouri that buckled under the pressure of the ACLU and took single-sex classes out of its schools. We’ll also look at some of the evidence that both supports and refutes the benefits of single-sex classrooms.
Some schools in the country only give students 10 minutes to eat lunch, while others enjoy an entire hour. We’ll delve into the controversy surrounding the length of the lunch period and what the research finds in correlating lunch length to student performance.