Payne Elementary School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-5
- Enrollment: 278 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 12:1
- Minority Enrollment: 56%
- Overall Testing Rank: Bottom 50% in KS
- Math Proficiency: ≤5% (Btm 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 6-9% (Btm 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), KS Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
≤5% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 28% KS state average), while 6-9% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 36% KS state average).
How many students attend Payne Elementary School?
278 students attend Payne Elementary School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
44% of Payne Elementary School students are White, 32% of students are Hispanic, 14% of students are Black, 9% of students are Two or more races, and 1% of students are American Indian.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Payne Elementary School?
Payne Elementary School has a student ration of 12:1, which is lower than the Kansas state average of 13:1.
What grades does Payne Elementary School offer ?
Payne Elementary School offers enrollment in grades Prekindergarten-5
What school district is Payne Elementary School part of?
Payne Elementary School is part of Wichita School District.
Review Payne Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities