Pembroke Elementary School
- Pembroke Elementary School's student population of 512 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 37 teachers has grown by 23% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||512 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||37 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Pembroke Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has decreased from 17:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (VA)|
|Overall School Rank||#613 out of 1,796 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Va Beach City Pblc Schs School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Virginia Beach Old Donation School Grades: 2-8 | 1147 students
2509 Seaboard Road
Virginia Beach, VA 23456
(757)648-3240 0.1 2-8 1147
- Virginia Beach Bayside 6th Grade Campus Grades: 6 | 344 students
4722 Jericho Road
Virginia Beach, VA 23462
(757)648-4440 0.2 6 344
- Virginia Beach Pembroke Meadows Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 469 students
820 Cathedral Dr
Virginia Beach, VA 23455
(757)648-3360 0.7 PK-5 469
- Virginia Beach Thalia Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 617 students
421 Thalia Rd
Virginia Beach, VA 23452
(757)648-3880 1.1 PK-5 617
Not just kids need schooling. Learn about the Parent Academy offered through Miami-Dade County Public Schools, where parents go back to school.
Across the country, parents are opting their children out of Common Core testing, with New York City seeing some of the biggest opt-out numbers. How is this massive school district handling the situation?
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.