15920 Pennsylvania Public Schools
- For the 2020 school year, there are 2 top public schools in 15920, Pennsylvania, serving 1,064 students.
- Public schools in zipcode 15920 have an average math proficiency score of 50% (versus Pennsylvania public schools average of 46%), and reading proficiency score of 68% (versus Pennsylvania public schools average of 63%). Their average school ranking is in the top 50% of public schools in Pennsylvania.
- The school with highest math proficiency is United Elementary School, with 60% math proficiency. Read more about public school math proficiency statistics in Pennsylvania or national school math proficiency statistics.
- The school with highest reading language/arts proficiency is United Junior Senior High School, with 69% reading language/arts proficiency. Read more about public school reading language/arts proficiency statistics in Pennsylvania or national school reading language/arts proficiency statistics.
- Minority enrollment is 2% of the student body (majority Asian and Hispanic) , which is less than the Pennsylvania public school average of 33%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 13:1 is less than the Pennsylvania public school average of 15:1.
Schools all over the country have closed their doors to slow the spread of COVID-19, forcing educators and parents to switch to online learning strategies. Read on to learn where to start with homeschooling and for helpful resources for learning at home.
As schools around the country close for two weeks or more, parents find themselves asking some tough questions. Read on to learn about the current and future impact of COVID-19 on students in public schools.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.