Chambersburg Area SD School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 2 public middle schools managed by Chambersburg Area SD School District serving 2,051 students in Chambersburg, Pennsylvania.
- Minority enrollment is 34% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is equal to the Pennsylvania state average of 34%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 17:1 is more than the state average of 15:1.
Chambersburg Area SD School District (2019-20)
|School District Name||Chambersburg Area SD School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||9,282 students|
|# of Teachers||556 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1|
|# of Male Students||4,516 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||4,766 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||14 students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||113 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||1,797 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||732 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||6,088 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||9 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||529 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||709|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||725|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||704|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||779|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||756|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||738|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||727|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||670|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||654|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||658|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||710|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||700|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||752|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Chambersburg Area SD School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 663 school districts in Pennsylvania (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 80% has decreased from 83% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (PA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $12,160 in this school district is less than the state average of $13,057. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $14,133 is higher than the state average of $12,924. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (PA)|
|Total Revenue||$108 MM||$19 MM|
|Spending||$125 MM||$19 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$12,160||$13,057|
|Spending / Student||$14,133||$12,924|
Learn about the pros and cons surrounding year-round schools through studies arguing that students perform better in school without a summer break.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.