Deer Lakes SD School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 4 public schools managed by Deer Lakes SD School District serving 1,935 students in Tarentum, Pennsylvania.
- Minority enrollment is 3% of the student body (majority Hispanic and Black), which is less than the Pennsylvania state average of 34%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 16:1 is more than the state average of 15:1.
Deer Lakes SD School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Tarentum Curtisville Primary Center1715 Saxonburg Boulevard
Tarentum, PA 15084
Grades: K-2 | 441 students
- Cheswick Deer Lakes High School163 East Union Rd
Cheswick, PA 15024
Grades: 9-12 | 583 students
- Cheswick Deer Lakes Middle School17 East Union Road
Cheswick, PA 15024
Grades: 6-8 | 445 students
- Cheswick East Union Intrmd School57 East Union Road
Cheswick, PA 15024
Grades: 3-5 | 466 students
|School District Name||Deer Lakes SD School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||1,935 students|
|# of Teachers||123 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
|# of Male Students||1,001 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||934 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||2 students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||9 students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||18 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||10 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||1,874 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||3 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||19 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||133|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||158|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||150|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||176|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||127|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||163|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||129|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||165|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||151|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||121|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||144|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||163|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||155|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Deer Lakes SD School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 663 school districts in Pennsylvania (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 95% has increased from 90-94% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (PA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $16,581 is higher than the state average of $13,057. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $22,468 is higher than the state average of $12,924. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (PA)|
|Total Revenue||$32 MM||$19 MM|
|Spending||$44 MM||$19 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$16,581||$13,057|
|Spending / Student||$22,468||$12,924|
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.