Donegal SD School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 4 public schools managed by Donegal SD School District serving 2,986 students in Mount Joy, Pennsylvania.
- Minority enrollment is 18% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Pennsylvania state average of 34%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 16:1 is more than the state average of 15:1.
Donegal SD School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Mount Joy Donegal High School1025 Koser Road
Mount Joy, PA 17552
Grades: 9-12 | 929 students
- Marietta Donegal Intermediate School1177 River Road
Marietta, PA 17547
Grades: 3-6 | 902 students
- Mount Joy Donegal Junior High School915 Anderson Ferry Road
Mount Joy, PA 17552
Grades: 7-8 | 481 students
- Mount Joy Donegal Primary School1055 Koser Rd
Mount Joy, PA 17552
Grades: K-2 | 674 students
|School District Name||Donegal SD School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||2,986 students|
|# of Teachers||185 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
|# of Male Students||1,467 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||1,519 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||3 students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||31 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||308 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||103 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||2,434 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||2 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||105 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||212|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||239|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||223|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||253|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||211|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||212|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||226|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||252|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||229|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||239|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||242|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||227|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||221|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Donegal SD School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 663 school districts in Pennsylvania (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 93% has decreased from 95% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (PA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $13,365 is higher than the state average of $13,057. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $11,659 is less than the state average of $12,924. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (PA)|
|Total Revenue||$38 MM||$19 MM|
|Spending||$34 MM||$19 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$13,365||$13,057|
|Spending / Student||$11,659||$12,924|
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.