Hatboro-Horsham School District
- For the 2020 school year, there are 7 top public schools in Hatboro-Horsham School District, serving 4,735 students.
- Public school in Hatboro-Horsham School District have an average math proficiency score of 61% (versus Pennsylvania public school average of 46%), and reading proficiency score of 75% (versus 63% Pennsylvania statewide average). This district's average school ranking is in the top 20% of public schools in Pennsylvania.
- The school with highest math proficiency is Hatboro-horsham Senior High School, with 76% math proficiency. Read more about public school math proficiency statistics in Pennsylvania or national school math proficiency statistics.
- The school with highest reading language/arts proficiency is Simmons Elementary School, with 82% reading language/arts proficiency. Read more about public school reading language/arts proficiency statistics in Pennsylvania or national school reading language/arts proficiency statistics.
- Minority enrollment is 22% of the student body (majority Hispanic and Asian) , which is less than the Pennsylvania public school average of 33% (majority Black and Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 13:1 is less than the Pennsylvania public school average of 15:1.
|School District Name||Hatboro-Horsham School District|
|School District Website||http://www.hatboro-horsham.org|
|School District Phone Number||(215)420-5000|
|School District Grades Offered||KG - 12|
|2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (PA)|
|# of Schools||7 Schools||3,054 Schools|
|# of Students||4,735 Students||1,734,277 Students|
|# of Teachers||359 Teachers||119,493 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||15:1|
- Hatboro-Horsham School District, which is ranked within the top 20% of all 682 school districts in Pennsylvania (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 98% has increased from 93% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (PA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||3 Students||2,771 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||328 Students||65,419 Students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||349 Students||188,861 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||246 Students||255,143 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||3,674 Students||1,157,913 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||5 Students||1,404 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||130 Students||62,422 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-||7,207|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||282||123,608|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||354||126,710|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||337||129,725|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||369||133,729|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||340||134,411|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||331||132,934|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||360||132,701|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||385||136,474|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||369||135,181|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||403||139,620|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||416||137,439|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||387||133,173|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||402||131,336|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||29|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $17,014 is higher than the state average of $13,057. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $15,600 is higher than the state average of $12,924. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (PA)|
|Total Revenue||$83 MM||$19 MM|
|Spending||$76 MM||$19 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$17,014||$13,057|
|Spending / Student||$15,600||$12,924|
Hatboro-Horsham School District Public Schools (2020)
School (Math/Reading Proficiency | PA School Rank)
- Hatboro Blair Mill Elementary School 109 Bender Road
Hatboro, PA 19040
Grades: K-5 | 462 students
- Hatboro Crooked Billet Elementary School 69 Meadowbrook Avenue
Hatboro, PA 19040
Grades: K-5 | 286 students
- Horsham Hatboro-horsham Senior High School 899 Horsham Road
Horsham, PA 19044
Grades: 9-12 | 1608 students
- Horsham Keith Valley Middle School 227 Meetinghouse Road
Horsham, PA 19044
Grades: 6-8 | 1114 students
- Hatboro Pennypack Elementary School 130 Spring Avenue
Hatboro, PA 19040
Grades: K-5 | 269 students
Schools all over the country have closed their doors to slow the spread of COVID-19, forcing educators and parents to switch to online learning strategies. Read on to learn where to start with homeschooling and for helpful resources for learning at home.
As public schools in the United States continue to increase in their racial, ethnic, economic, and religious diversity, some districts need to rethink their holiday celebrations in a manner that is inclusive and respectful of all people.
As schools around the country close for two weeks or more, parents find themselves asking some tough questions. Read on to learn about the current and future impact of COVID-19 on students in public schools.