Yough SD School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 5 public schools managed by Yough SD School District serving 2,045 students in Herminie, Pennsylvania.
- Minority enrollment is 5% of the student body (majority Black), which is less than the Pennsylvania state average of 34%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 14:1 is less than the state average of 15:1.
Yough SD School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Herminie H W Good Elementary School1464 Herminie-wn Rd
Herminie, PA 15637
Grades: K-4 | 300 students
- Ruffs Dale Mendon Elementary School164 Route 31
Ruffs Dale, PA 15679
Grades: K-4 | 242 students
- West Newton West Newton Elementary School1208 Vine Street
West Newton, PA 15089
Grades: K-4 | 198 students
- Ruffs Dale Yough Intrmd/ms School171 Route 31
Ruffs Dale, PA 15679
Grades: 5-8 | 609 students
- Herminie Yough Senior High School919 Lowber Rd
Herminie, PA 15637
Grades: 9-12 | 696 students
|School District Name||Yough SD School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||2,045 students|
|# of Teachers||143 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
|# of Male Students||995 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||1,050 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||2 students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||12 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||29 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||1,934 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||68 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||144|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||150|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||175|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||126|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||145|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||143|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||145|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||159|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||162|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||176|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||163|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||177|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||180|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Yough SD School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 663 school districts in Pennsylvania (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 90-94% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (PA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $13,027 in this school district is less than the state average of $13,057. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $11,133 is less than the state average of $12,924. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (PA)|
|Total Revenue||$30 MM||$19 MM|
|Spending||$25 MM||$19 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$13,027||$13,057|
|Spending / Student||$11,133||$12,924|
We provide an overview and current status of the Race to the Top program that was designed as an incentive and funding program to promote education reform in public school districts across the country.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.