Peter Burnett Middle School
- Peter Burnett Middle School's student population of 770 students has declined by 12% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 41 teachers has declined by 8% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||770 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||41 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Peter Burnett Middle School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 9,602 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 19:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#7450 out of 9602 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||San Jose Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San Jose Ace Inspire Academy Grades: 5-8 | 256 students
1155 E. Julian St.
San Jose, CA 95126
(408) 295-6008 0.1 5-8 256
- Burbank Puc Nueva Esperanza Charter Academy Grades: 6-12 | 541 students
1218 N. Fourth St.
Burbank, CA 91504
(818) 256-1951 0.6 6-12 541
- San Jose Grant Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 508 students
470 E. Jackson St.
San Jose, CA 95112
(408) 535-6227 0.7 K-5 508
- San Jose Bachrodt Charter Academy Grades: K-5 | 655 students
102 Sonora Ave.
San Jose, CA 95110
(408) 535-6211 1.0 K-5 655
- San Jose Horace Mann Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 424 students
55 N. Seventh St.
San Jose, CA 95112
(408) 535-6237 1.3 K-5 424
Project Lead The Way, Tech Academy, and International Baccalaureate MYP Program. Offers band, orchestra, studio art, computer design, Spanish, 1-1 technology, drama, and fall musical. After school offerings include 10 sports teams, Tech Challenge Club, and Homework Center.
- Posted by Teacher - My kids went here too!
Low performing status; gang related activity.
- Posted by Parent - scoma
Gangs, drugs, and guns may be more prevalent on public school campuses than parents think. Learn about the high percentage of public school students who are exposed to these dangers each day – and what parents can do to protect their kids.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.
Learn about how public schools across the country are mandating community service hours in order to graduate.