Peter Burnett Middle School
- Peter Burnett Middle School's student population of 754 students has declined by 14% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 45 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||754 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||45 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Peter Burnett Middle School's student:teacher ratio of 17:1 has decreased from 19:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall School Rank||#7195 out of 9,595 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||San Jose Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San Jose Ace Inspire Academy Grades: 5-8 | 188 students
1155 E. Julian St.
San Jose, CA 95126
(408)295-6008 0.1 5-8 188
- Burbank Puc Nueva Esperanza Charter Academy Grades: 6-12 | 450 students
1218 N. Fourth St.
Burbank, CA 91504
(818)256-1951 0.6 6-12 450
- San Jose Grant Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 542 students
470 E. Jackson St.
San Jose, CA 95112
(408)535-6227 0.7 K-5 542
- San Jose Bachrodt Charter Academy Grades: K-5 | 703 students
102 Sonora Ave.
San Jose, CA 95110
(408)535-6211 1.0 K-5 703
- San Jose Horace Mann Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 443 students
55 N. Seventh St.
San Jose, CA 95112
(408)535-6237 1.3 K-5 443
Project Lead The Way, Tech Academy, and International Baccalaureate MYP Program. Offers band, orchestra, studio art, computer design, Spanish, 1-1 technology, drama, and fall musical. After school offerings include 10 sports teams, Tech Challenge Club, and Homework Center.
- Posted by Teacher - My kids went here too!
Low performing status; gang related activity.
- Posted by Parent - scoma
Learn about the pros and cons surrounding year-round schools through studies arguing that students perform better in school without a summer break.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.