Piccowaxen Middle School
- Piccowaxen Middle School's student population of 418 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 30 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||418 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Piccowaxen Middle School is ranked within the top 50% of all 1,359 schools in Maryland (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MD)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#424 out of 1359 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient) (16-17)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient) (16-17)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Charles County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Newburg Dr. Thomas L. Higdon Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 429 students
12872 Rock Point Rd
Newburg, MD 20664
(301) 934-4091 0.2 PK-5 429
- Dahlgren Potomac Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 718 students
16495 15th Street
Dahlgren, VA 22448
(540) 663-3322 6.4 K-6 718
- Colonial Beach Colonial Beach High School Grades: 8-12 | 222 students
100 First St.
Colonial Beach, VA 22443
(804) 224-7166 6.8 8-12 222
- Colonial Beach Colonial Beach Elementary School Grades: PK-7 | 418 students
102 First Street
Colonial Beach, VA 22443
(804) 224-9897 7.2 PK-7 418
- Chaptico Dynard Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 443 students
23510 Bushwood Rd
Chaptico, MD 20621
(301) 769-4804 9.8 PK-5 443
In light of an upcoming study on Montessori education in South Carolina, as well as the growing popularity of the Montessori Method in public charter schools, we’ll take a look at the principles behind Montessori education and whether it is an effective method for preparing some students for the professional world or higher education.
Across the nation, city mayors have increased their role and control over the local public school system. Learn about the controversies and the ramifications of mayoral control.
In light of all the finger-pointing occurring in the education reform movement, we’ll look at the good and bad of teachers unions – and whether these organizations really work in favor of students and/or teachers.